Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie


Yep, you read right…cookies for breakfast!  This oatmeal raisin cookie is one of the best discoveries I have found while surfing the internet from food blog to food blog.  It’s a healthy, quick, hearty, and delicious dessert that you can eat for breakfast!  I know, it sounds too good to be true, right?  I had my doubts when I was testing it out, too.  But it turns out that it really is that great! Try it out and see for yourself!

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie
Adapted recipe and photos by Culinary Chronicles of a College Kid.blogspot.com
Original recipe by Carrots 'N' Cake


·        1/4 cup oats
·        1/8 cup liquid egg whites
·        2 tsp brown sugar
·        2 tsp flour
·        1/4 tsp vanilla extract
·        1/4 tsp baking powder
·        1 tbsp raisins
·        Cinnamon to taste



Combine all of the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.  Flatten the batter at the bottom of the bowl into a cookie shape. 


Place in the microwave for 45 seconds and allow it to cool for a minute or two before enjoying.  Yummmm cookies for breakfast :)

This recipe would also be great if you are looking for a quick snack before heading out to class.  You could even substitute chocolate chips for raisins, if your sweet tooth is acting up!

Total time: 3 minutes

P.S. Here's a recent picture I received from a friend who tried the linguini with turkey sausage.  I'd love to know what everyone thinks of my recipes, so please comment or send pictures!

Direct quote: "Muy delicioso! I can't wait to try another recipe!"  Haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment